Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reuss

Hi,

I got this boxed merit medal today. All opinions welcome.

http://img97.imageshack.us/g/46561525.jpg/

Cheers
    Sven

One of my favorite German states. One of the ings I like about Imperial is the variety of awards and cases.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

I have my grandfathers award of this medal earned in 1914 at the attack on Ghent Belgium.The award box is red though. His arm was shattered which took him off the front line - lucky him!

Comment

Very nice piece, and not so common in the box

Comment

Very nice award! I just love the way how swords are attached and when I checked how big two principalities actually were in 1914 I like that award even more...

I picked randomly this one up from Dublin fair last weekend.

Comment

Nice find, Timo.

Comment

I have one of these mounted on a 4 place medal bar. I collect Third Reich so I don't have much knowledge in this area. My medal is mounted like Noor's - that is with what I've always assumed is the reverse facing forward. Is there a reason why you find some of these awards with the reverse mounted as the obverse?
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Next to the Hansa City Crosses, I like this one the best. Like Noor its the way in which the swords are mounted. I have mine also on a three place medal brace with the Reuss medal first followed by the EK2 and then Hindenburg Cross. The Reuss medal in addition to being the first on the brace has the Royal Cipher mounted outside. As I understand it, they did this to demonstrate that they were not the lackies of the Prussians. I'll post mine later when I get home as it has all kinds of charecter!

Comment

I like these as well although I have yet to aquire one myself

Comment

All I have is this bar.
                    Attached Files
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

As promised, my brace with the Reuss silver medal first. Also another similar medal from Waldeck. Made the same way. Too bad it was removed from a larger medal brace!
                      Attached Files

Comment

What got me interested in Reuss was a friend of mine whose Grandfather flew in WW1 for the Bavarians got "shot down" but survived. The grandson didn't know anything at all about medals and wondered about his grandfathers awards. Needless to say, I would love to own the 1st class Cross from Reuss! So well made! But they reside with the family and now they know more about them and a bit more about their grandfather!
                        Attached Files

Comment

wow there is some real eye candy on this thread

Comment

Those are nice.
                            Attached Files
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks for posting your First Class Cross Don. These are amazing! I am jelous of your double Reuss Medal Brace as well! Yep, real eye candy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X