CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaulted EK I, 1914. Not Mfg Mrkd + EK II 1914 Recent Finds together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaulted EK I, 1914. Not Mfg Mrkd + EK II 1914 Recent Finds together.

Here's a recent piece I aquired. It came with the EK 2 1914 also, out of a smaller town antique shop here in IA. Supposedly came back from the Great War by the shop owner's long deceased relative. Shows considerable wear on the frontside black finish core, and the beading is worn quite a bit, especially on the upper arm, viewer's right side. The seam on the upper arm top area is coming apart a bit as well. The upper hinge assembly is strange, apparently made this way to accomodate the vaulting curvature of the piece? I'm sorry that my picture doesn't really show the real curvature of the mounting device/attachment area for the hinge of the pin. When I first looked at it, I though that the mfg hadn't soldered down the assembly properly. But they couldn't, because the sharpness of the curvature of this piece which the pin hinges on is curved so much more than the arc of the cross curvature. Again, sorry the lighting wasn't good enough today on the pic to show this point.

I've seen this extra long rounded end "clumsy" pin before, but since this piece isn't mfg mrkd anywhere, I'm wondering if someone can tell me who might be the mfg on it, and refresh my memory.

Thanks Everyone!

All the Best,

Alan Schaefer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ww1czechlegion; 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM.

EK 1 pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

EK 1 pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

EK 1 pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

EK 1 pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

EK 1 pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

EK 1 pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

EK I pic 1

Ribbon is narrower than typically seen also.
                Attached Files

Comment

EK I pic 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Allan,
                    I don't recognise the hinge, pin setup but I do like the cross. Even with
                    the wear and tear, the core details are still crisp. The beat up frame
                    and scratched paint make it look like a true veteran.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you! Yes, the hinge pin attachment is a weird one, isn't it?'

I really wish that I had taken a better shot to show how only about 1/2 of the curvature of it meets "attachment" to the backside of the EK.

And yes, you're right, it really shows that "been" there "heavy use" look!

Alan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X