8 German WWI Parade Medals ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 German WWI Parade Medals ???

Here is a medal bar with 8 different German WWI or Imperial medals ..Not sure oif what I have here or how good it is for value ..Can anyone help me out ..On the medals has two bars mounted on the ribbon that read "Herero-Land" & "Gross-Namaland" See pictures ..Help please ..Any ideas on value also helpful. Brent
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

You appear to have one hell of a fine parade mount there. An old-timer. He fought in German Southwest Africa and maybe China. Wait for the experts to come in.

Comment

Looks like a nice Hessian bar. Can we see the reverse. If you go to sell it I would be interested.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Comment

A clearer pic of the reverse would help.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Redo the front side now that you've discovered the focus button.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

I see you updated the first one.
                  thanks
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Any Chance to ID the Soldier ??

Its been brought to my attention that this Medal bar might be able to be IDed to the soldier that earned them because of the unusual medals and set up . ?? Can any one help me to ID this soldier ? Brent
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brent Smith; 01-22-2010, 09:47 PM. Reason: ..

Comment

Some info on "Namaland":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaland (formerly German South West Africa)

Gerdan

Comment

Great bar you have there.... it is a hessian NCO who was in China 1900 and in Southwestafrica 1904-07

The cross of the hessian Phillipsorden should have been given for the war in Southwestafrica because in ww1 he was no combattant - so , very very rare.... the MEZ2 should be for DSWA too

I don`t want to talk about value here because it is a very rare piece for the colonial collector but I can give you my opinion via pm if you like....

By the way - the first cross of the Phillipsorden for the colonies I have seen in my complete colonial collecting life !!!

cheers
                        Heiko

Comment

Interesting spange for sure, but it looks like medal number four has been swapped for a Prussian LSD.

Comment

Hi Vince,

the DA-medals for 9 and 12 years as well as the DA-cross for 15 years of Hessen , all for soldiers and NCOs , looks the same as the medals and the cross of Prussia - no? In my eyes everything ok , 12 years service medal on the right ribbon for Hessen long service awards and the 15 years cross on the ribbon for the prussian long service awards awarded later during ww1 - he was a participant of ww1 , only no combattant !!!

Comment

Thanks Heiko, you are correct. I'm a little out of my depth with Colonial items, and this one is certainly unusual

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X