No announcement yet.

Any chances to trace???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Great combination of some of the most beautiful awards!
    Now you only need a Red Eagle to complete it.

A fascinating quality to the awards on the miniature chain!

Comment

Order of Red Eagle 4 was returned to govement after death of owner.
      I don't know add it back will be right?

Comment

Ok, lets say, I would complete it. You can sew it carefully with one or two twines so you can always remove it again.

Comment

Thank You for your advice I will think about it!

But most important question are open: "How to find NAME of this German Diplomat?"

Comment

Beautiful bar. Absolutely amazing detail on the chain miniatures.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL

Comment

The Orders Almanac is PERFECT for ADDING information to someone already identified: it is absofreakinlutely HOPELESS to even THINK of running through DOUBLE COLUMN pages of MICROSCOPIC Gothic type (and glyphs used only in these volumes, completely different from the army ones and the navy ones) for 1,700 times TWO pages and STILL not be guaranteed to find the recipient-- since it was a VANITY PRESS publication, not an "official" directory.

So hideous, so HORRIBLE is the nightmare THOUGHT of having to page through all that-- there is even an Autengruber published index giving page numbers of "rare" awards, to reduce searching time.

But unfortunately NONE of the nifty awards on this bar qualify as rare enough for that index.

Comment

No chances?

Comment

3 full sunday will do... work hard and the reward is there...

ken

Comment

Where I can buy the Orders Almanac ?

Comment

Zvab

Hi Ponomarev,

there are a couple of copies available via the www.zvab.com book search engine. Use the search term Deutsche Ordensliste. They are not cheap

As Rick points out you could spend a long time going through this never to find your man.

Regards
                        Glenn

Comment

The last issue of the "Almanac" was in 1909-- so anything AFTER that won't show.

Anyone who did not PAY to be listed... is not in there. Anyone who died before then... is not listed.

It is great if they were REALLY proud types, and put in their birthdates and places and all the "extra by the word" stuff.

But: if they are not listed... they are not listed.

The TINY print and Gothic type are horrors.

Comment

If there are no another ways i'll buy "Almanac" and try to find him!
                            And I'll may be try to convert to "Almanac" to Excel file.
                            I know it's not easy, but why not to try?

Comment

Iron Crown

I have a register of the living members of the holders of the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown in 1912. I will see if I can find any Prussians in there who might be your man. Rick could then cross-check any names against his Ordens-Almanach. Of course he may have died before then.

Regards
                              Glenn

Comment

Thank You very much Glenn for Your real help!

I'll be waiting for your results with hope!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X