Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz Mark

I have a Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz. It's the only one I've ever had in my collection, and as I was preparing it to list on the eStand, I noticed it is marked with this symbol on the ring:

Can someone tell me what this indicates? Is it a maker's mark, and if so, which? All help is very appreciated.

Here is the cross. Unfortunately I noticed the mark after I snapped the photos.

Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Unusual...to see the small ring soldered that direction. Perhaps another maker than is usually seen?? Also unusual to see EK ribbon with a stitched edge. Two new firsts for me. Ammersee

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
      Unusual...to see the small ring soldered that direction. Perhaps another maker than is usually seen?? Also unusual to see EK ribbon with a stitched edge. Two new firsts for me. Ammersee
      Hey Ammersee,
      Thanks for the comment. Honestly, I had not noticed the cable stitch on the sides of the EK2 ribbon, but I'm sure it's an original one. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the jumpring being soldered in a different direction?
      Here are some more photos from the eStand listing:

Best regards,
      Streptile

Comment

Ah, I think I see what you mean:

Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

See what I mean? Here is a pic of my Bremen Cross. All of them I've seen are soldered like this one. Yours, however, looks like a good one which is why I speculated it was made by another maker. Just a guess. Could have been repaired or even changed to make it lie better on the bar. I have one of each and none of mine are marked. Ammersee
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
            See what I mean? Here is a pic of my Bremen Cross. All of them I've seen are soldered like this one. Yours, however, looks like a good one which is why I speculated it was made by another maker. Just a guess. Could have been repaired or even changed to make it lie better on the bar. I have one of each and none of mine are marked. Ammersee
            Yes, got it. Thanks. Interesting variation.

PS: I included a photo from Kai Winkler in the thread, and now there's an authentication screen that pops us when trying to read it. My apologies
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X