Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial knights cross

Happy Holidays to all;
    Does anybody here know where I can buy a quality reproduction of the WW1 knights cross.Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Happy New Year
    Dennis J

Knight's cross to what order?

Merry Christmas,

Wild Card

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Card View Post
      Knight's cross to what order?

Merry Christmas,

Wild Card
      Sorry Iron cross or grand cross of the iron cross.

Dennis J

Comment

Tell me if you found a seller.

Grand Cross repros of all types (1813/1870/1914/1939) are total crap or, if halfway acceptable, totally overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
          Happy Holidays to all;
          Does anybody here know where I can buy a quality reproduction of the WW1 knights cross.Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Happy New Year
          Dennis J
          As said by an another member over at the dagger part, the best way to buy a repro of the WW1 Knight's
          cross is to buy an original on http://www.militaria321.com/

Comment

Funnyly, there is no ""WW1 knight's cross of the Iron Cross".

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
              Funnyly, there is no ""WW1 knight's cross of the Iron Cross".

Is there not? I've always heard that a few examples was made?

Comment

Yeah from copy makers that want to sell silly fictional stuff

The "Knights Cross" of the WWI was the Pour le Merite (there are two versions, one for officers and one for simple foot soldiers).

But the Knights Cross was established in WW2.

Comment

The Pour le Merite is not the knight's cross of the Iron Cross, but just a so called "equivalent". There are many as most German states had something to be called a (or even some) highest bravery awards.

The Iron Cross of third instituion had three classes: 2nd class, 1st class and the grand cross, just awarded four or five times.
                  sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

The Pour le Merite is not the knight's cross of the Iron Cross, but just a so called "equivalent".
                    Thats why I put the Knights Cross in "" Anyhow, on Ebay there are several Grand Crosses of WW1 with Oaksleaves/ Oaksleaves and Swords, so some unexperienced new collectors might think that a WW1 Knights Cross existed. But as I mentioned before, these are fictional awards.

greetings
                    Kraal

Comment

just a funny medal made for ? some folks buy them , i don't know why

Comment

The Pour le Merite is not the knight's cross of the Iron Cross, but just a so called "equivalent". There are many as most German states had something to be called a (or even some) highest bravery awards.

The Iron Cross of third instituion had three classes: 2nd class, 1st class and the grand cross, just awarded four or five times.

That's what i've heard! The grand cross it was! But they made many more
                        For use as display in shops and stuff like that, same as many Grand Crosses from
                        WW2 exists and not all of them was Göring's

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X