Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek1 godet cross

Hello,

I just received a WW1 ek1 cross from estand that has the "G" maker mark to the pin. It has a little battle damage to it which I think gives it character. I would like to have some opinions on the badge whether it is a keeper or not.

Thanks

John
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

another front pic of the date
      Attached Files

Comment

Its an original cross by a respected maker. Only you can decide if you want to keep it or not.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks Don for the reply.

John

Comment

I think thats a fine original cross by one of the most desireable makers, and I think you got it at a decent price. I was umming and ahhing about it and nearly bought it but I don't collect damaged items. nice pick up.

Comment

I looked at this one too, but partly the damage and partly my financial situation kept me from pulling the trigger. If I had it in hand I'm sure I'd keep it. I'd hang on to it and if you come across an upgraded example move it on then. That's what alot of collectors do. Nice original Godet all the same, one which I still don't have.

Comment

I appreciate the info guys. It doesnt look as bad as the photos depict. I was drawn to the patina and the character of the badge. I have a couple more ww1 crosses that I will post later too. I am always impressed by the workmanship of the ww1 crosses.

Comment

Nice one congrats!

Comment

Hello

A nice cross from a good maker. Ok, it has a bit of minor damage, but it's still a good cross.

Regards
                    David

Comment

I like it!

My favorite maker of the Imperial EKs. Such good quality.

Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X