WWI U-Boot Badge - LDO Marked for Juncker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI U-Boot Badge - LDO Marked for Juncker

Guys, I wanted to show what is IMHO a very nice Lieferent period-made Juncker Kaiserliche Marine U-Boot Abzeichen (solid - Brass I believe)...I've always thought it was probably a replacement piece for a WWI submariner... I have had it in my collection for quite some time and would welcome discussion here. The Lieferent Nr, the reverse hardware and the quality of the piece all underlie its authenticity but as always I could be wrong...Your input and commenst are appreciated as ever!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve P; 12-10-2009, 11:51 PM.
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Pic #2
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Steve
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Pic #3
      Attached Files
      Cheers, Steve

Comment

Pic #4
        Attached Files
        Cheers, Steve

Comment

Pic #5
          Attached Files
          Cheers, Steve

Comment

Pic #6
            Attached Files
            Cheers, Steve

Comment

Pic #7
              Attached Files
              Cheers, Steve

Comment

P.S. Apologies for LDO rather than Lieferent Nr in the Title...a slip of the mind (early onset dementure )
                Cheers, Steve

Comment

Hey guys, 88 views and no comments...Does anyone have anything to offer me on this piece...I'd really appreciate your input??
                  Cheers, Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

To be honest i am not too keen on the badge, I don't think it would be one that I would buy. Reasons are that the details look a little soft, the edges on the reverse look a little rounded, the way the hinge and hook are attached, I have not seen this type of residue on an original badge. Finally there is no finish to the badge, gilding etc, which to me seems unusal for a 40's produced badge.

Be interesting to see other replies maybe someone can shed light on the actual stap of the 2 and if this style has been seen before
                    Last edited by rhudspith; 12-12-2009, 05:42 AM.
                    Regards, Rob
                    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Originally posted by rhudspith View Post
                      Hi Steve,

To be honest i am not too keen on the badge, I don't think it would be one that I would buy. Reasons are that the details look a little soft, the edges on the reverse look a little rounded, the way the hinge and hook are attached, I have not seen this type of residue on an original badge. Finally there is no finish to the badge, gilding etc, which to me seems unusal for a 40's produced badge.

Be interesting to see other replies maybe someone can shed light on the actual stap of the 2 and if this style has been seen before
                      Thanks mate!
                      Cheers, Steve

Comment

Imperial U-boat

Hi Steve,
                        I just viewed this thread and I have to agree with Rob's comments. Things about this badge look funky and I agree about the age as well. I have also not seen this type of residue on an early WW2 era U-boat badge; so why this one.

I have seen late 30's examples by makers like S&L, etc and the details are great and crisp.

The details on the badge do look too soft and the maker mark is funky looking too. I also don't like the soldering (or burn marks) around the hinge. In the past I saw similar badges like this (similar type of pin and catch set up) with other maker marks as well. If I saw it at a show I would take a pass on it.

That is my take on it.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Thanks Jody, much appreciated...I've had it for a lot a years and I guess not much lost as it was given to me but still a bummer...Not to worry, it's good to know!

Thanks to both of you guys!
                          Cheers, Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X