BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 1813 on e-bay (a 1st Cl), but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1813 on e-bay (a 1st Cl), but...

...this one's got a letter included that may be of interest regarding the later copies an such that we discussed last week.
    Have a good look before reading the letter, I'm interested in your posts...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1089615983

Heck, I don't know. It's a dead ringer for the looped 1813 EK1 I posted here a few days ago. I'm not convinced mine is anything but an early 1900's copy, but who knows? Mine doesn't have the rounded tips, but then again, with some 00000 grit wet and dry paper, it COULD.....

There is nothing in the letter that really convinces me that this one is 1830's any more than mine would be.

Comment

--Of course you'd need at least better photos, but the beading seems to be the only difference between this one and one of the crosses that I returned. Maybe the ring loops are of smaller guage on this one as well. There were similar irregularities in the frame edge on that one too. Hey, who knows?
      --The letters were an interesting read though, in light of what we've been discussing as of late regarding late century issues. I wonder where he got the info about the issues for bank and museum display. Interesting.

Comment

I obtained a better photo of the 1813 EK1 on eBay from the seller, showing a side view of the back. The loops on his ARE a little heavier gauge than mine, which is a good sign. My opinion of it is slightly higher than it was when I first saw it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X