some ID books i'm going to put on estand
    (1) 4.komp.1.ersatz.batl.Inf.reg.84
    (2) jager bat.12
    (3) Inf.regt.43
    (4) Feld.art.regt.58
    (5) Inf.regt.84
    (6) Fussartl.batl.122/2.batterie
    Attached Files

last pic, what kind of unit is Train-abteilung Nr.10 ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Is the cat in the lower right corner included?
      Any awards?

Comment

The Train Abteilung (Battailon) Nr. 10 was part of the was a unit which was part of the X. Armeekorps (Hannover) - later ยด2. Army.

The function :

Train

Soldier of the 11th Train Department

The first standing train formations, which originated in the aftermath of the battle armada and army were established in Prussia 1853rd For each army corps, which were expanded as early as 1856, depending on a battalion with 2 companies.

The uniform was dark blue with Prussian blue badges and more yellow buttons, to a headgear, the helmet first, the important but very nearly a helmet like those worn the hunters. To be in turn replaced in 1903 by the helmet. However, the officers always wore his helmet.

Until 1912 20 train battalions (units were built). Since l .4.1914 train battalions of the "Train departments were called" the companies "squadrons". The Eskadronschefs like the cavalry, "Captain."

The term "train" was understood to mean the driver motormen - Chefs - Bakers - Butchers. The crews of the trains were primarily intended to be used in case of mobilization as a driver and motorman in the various columns, staffs and trains to become.

In times of peace are often not really taken seriously and mildly ridiculed, if not despised Train was the real backbone of the army. How the latest advance in France in 1914 had to painfully discover each was so dashing infantry attack put away if it was not possible, meals and lodging as well as engagement of central supplies are safe. Nevertheless, the train was always a bit quiet cozy and romantic in itself. Not without reason, it was said at that time:

The weapon is the most beautiful train,
        he wears the sword just for show.

I made a google translation, sorry. May be it helps a bit.

Gerdan

Comment

wow thanks Gerdan

Comment

the cat stays with me , the ID books in the top pic are sold, the only ones i have now is the ones in the last pic and they all have awards but the train book . i will take pics of the award page later today the only awards i can make out are the EK2"s in the books

james

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X