X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Service Award???

Was wondering if this is a Bavarian Service award? HELP!! Thanks, Mike
    Attached Files

That is the "Prince Alfons Decoration 2nd Class," a 1920s+ monarchist award given in the name of the drooling idiot member of the Wittelsbach family!

I'm not sure EXACTLY what they were actually given "for," but there's probably more in the back pages under a search on "Alfons."

Should have the usual maker's name of Heinloth on the back of the pin backing.

Comment

Hey thanks Rick! Your right about the makers name except it is M. Heinloth. Well neat as it fits in my collection of odd ball pre WWII stuff! Made my day! Mike

Comment

Yup. Couldn't remember off the top of my head what the initial was...

here's the earlier thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=Alfons

Comment

alphonso

I've heard rumours from relatives ,after I purchased one when I was a kid , that Al used to try and buffalo hotel keepers by giving them this "great mark of esteme " instead of cash.I still have mine and wonder what he bought with it.
          Lately,they've been appearing on the market as "bavarian shooting awards".Who's right?( I'd rather have a piece of the prince's "personal currency"
          than a shooting award. )
          stevenn

Comment

Here's a document...

Here's the document and award from Christian Engalhardt, Bavarian Silver Bravery Medal winner.
            Attached Files

Comment

There is a Prince Alfons shooting medal but it unlike the badge illustrated above comes suspended on a ribbon. The badges come in silver and gold finishes and as I understand it were awarded as a badge of the Prince's favor to anyone for any reason depending on the Prince's mood. Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Borgmann
                There is a Prince Alfons shooting medal but it unlike the badge illustrated above comes suspended on a ribbon. The badges come in silver and gold finishes and as I understand it were awarded as a badge of the Prince's favor to anyone for any reason depending on the Prince's mood. Fred
                I've seen this shooting medal...

...on the ribbon of this version of the Alfons brooch...

...you don't perchance know where I can find any references to a shooting medal on the blue and white ribbon common to the brooch?

--Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X