Aerial Gunners badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerial Gunners badge

Here is another one from the old collection. It is silver plated or washed bronze or brass, die struck, hollow without a back plate or any kind of hallmark. It is definately from a different die than the one illustrated in the Klietmann books. I bought this one back in 1974-5 from an airman stationed at the Chanute Air Base in Central Illinois. As usual your comments and observations are welcome.
    Attached Files

Here is the reverse.
    Attached Files

Comment

I like the looks of this one, although most that I have seen have the separate back plate.

Comment

Hi Fred,

look different to all plated air gunnar i ever ssen. Specially the crown is different but also the oak. I'm not sure.

here one of mine. Silver hollow. Eagle riveted and stamped with half moon and "800".

Regards Alex

Comment

Hmmmm, I am not too sure about this one either, I have seen these around from time to time and handled a couple at the Kassel Militaria show a year or two ago. They were selling very cheaply and didn't feel good either. Ferg1.

Comment

Thanks Ferg and Alex. Ferg are you not sure of mine or Alex's? I like Alex's badge especially the nice honest wear on it.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
              I like the looks of this one, although most that I have seen have the separate back plate.
              Thanks Vince.

Comment

Hi Fred,

Fergus mean yours. He knows mine it's a JUNCKER piece.

Regards Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X