PLM Ribbon for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Ribbon for review

Hi Forum, I have looked through numerous threads and have found a ton of PLM's but I am having a hard time finding a PLM ribbon thread. I may have missed one so I thought I would post one of my ribbons here for review or at least direction to a thread. I might as well post the PLM as well. I don't think it is an original but how bad is it? Thanks Duane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D Funk; 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so...

Comment

just a little comparison--------
                Attached Files

Comment

Not sue on the ribbon, but i had one of the same one sided versions with a stamped in o near left top on back. I was told these were used for funerals. Not sure if thats true, but i sold mine some years back.

Comment

Duane,

I think you are correct in your assessment that this is not real.

These look more akin to a Goede copy than anything coming close to real. Goede makes a one-sided copy vended for collectors that does not try to be exact.

This in my opinion is not anything ever used for funerals that I've ever seen. It is a modern cheap copy.

This ribbon is way off. It uses a synthetic silver threading rather than real metal thread. The weave pattern is all wrong. No neat rows and tight metal thread weave. I've posted a picture of the weave on two different ribbon width styles below for comparison. The quality is much different as can be seen below. Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think this is one by Göde. May be a post WW2 funeral cross, or a cheap copy by anyone else but Göde.
                      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Yes, that is why I stated something 'akin to Goede' because the eagles are different but the non-enameled reverse and the basic style are similar. I have seen these often offered on eBay. The ribbon is the same as found on many styles of cheap copies. Steve

Comment

Words can't describe what the photos do. Both look to have been made in our lifetime, (or the lifetime of a fifteen year old). Note how the metallic ribbon glitters in the light, great if the award was presented in Las Vegas but not so good for the feldgrau mindset of the Prussians. The award would be good attached to the outside of a display case. Hope that doesn't sound too critical, but I was searching for practical uses for it. On the other hand, it represents the pinnacle of Prussian military achievement and would make a great filler for the collection. Hope that tempers my response a bit....
                          SP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X