No announcement yet.

Cloth 1914 EKI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can imagine in circumstances most often where you are wearing a coat over your tunic and getting it caught repeatedly on the EK, you'd buy one of these if it were truly, 'first class'. My grandfather in the field wore only his EK1 and seldom an award around his neck. So I would think ripping the silk lining of your greatcoat would get old. So yes judge these on the their individual merits but go lightly I think on value... Since the onset of this forum, faith and hope bring few dollars when sitting on the estand.

Buy, you tell me, "I hope this ek cloth is real", "I have faith it's real".

You may bid on my hope and faith here.

Comment

Hello

Whilst this doesn't provide for originality or otherwise for the item under discussion here, there are a couple of examples of WW1 cloth EKs in Stephen Previteras 'The Iron Time', (2nd edition, Winidore Press), on pages 226, 227 and 233. The one on page 226 is described as having been owned by a naval aviator, although Previtera doesn't explain the provenance behind the statement.

It appears that there were cloth EK1s in WW1, as there were in WW2, and the one under discusion could well be one of them, but as has been said already, the real issue is, without absolute cast iron provenance, how do you determine an original from a reproduction?

Regards
      David

Comment

Just as an input is what my cloth EK I looks like which is attached to a fliegerbluse brought back by a WWII vet.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JG 51; 10-28-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

This discussion died quickly

Comment

These are always difficult to authenticate.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

I remember Weitze's site had a couple of EK1 cloth versions ,both were different and looked right to me although I had nothing to compare against. Both are gone now but they had that well used look to them.Ferg1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X