Cloth 1914 EKI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth 1914 EKI?

This piece is currently being offered on e-stand. It needs discussion prior to sale.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=388277

Thanks you.

Mike,

I agree with you that this piece needs discussion. Unfortunately I don't know of any criteria that currently exist by which to judge this piece. As far as I know these were not made by any one company in particular, and not made in any substantial quantity. Thus no body of known originals exists to which this singular example may be compared. They were certainly not awarded by or to anyone.

All any potential buyer can do is evaluate the item on its own merits, evaluate the story that comes with the item, evaluate the seller's reputation, and assess the risk, relative to the asking price of $1000.

This is my opinion. Personally, I would not buy this piece.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Cloth Cross

It might be ok, but personally, not for my Collection. Butch

Comment

unless there is proof, like a picture of it on wear to which the specific item can be confirmed against, era written documentation, or scientific authentication, i wouldnt go for any of these. they are way to difficult to sell if you eventually need to.

Comment

The back looks quite convincing but the front detail I do not feel comfortable with. Ferg1.

Comment

this one don't look to me as it is somehow provable it is original.

save you're money

regards kay

Comment

Mentally, these cloth EKs are so totally cool. Technically, not for me. I thought I'd seen pics of these in wear though, no?

$1,000, you have got to be kidding... With provenance, no thanks. With the cold dead hands of the awardee still clenching it as proof, no thanks.

Comment

Why would a General wear a cloth EK? Perhaps a guy who is in the trenches, crawling thru the mud but not a staff guy.....
                pseudo-expert

Comment

in the WW2 section these things are seen before ,,

there even pictures off pilots wearing them together wit other decorations made off cloth

ek1 ,,,DKG,,,and so on

if you operating machinery you have to get out off very quick in case off emergency ,,,these cloth are logic

DKG has metal parts on them so originality can be determine by some experienced collectors ,,,

1914 ek1 versions I have not seen before ,,,

but it is a grey aria if it comes to the originality off these items .

as it said before,,,,, originality must be proven,,,

otherwise its a waste off money

regards kay
                  Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 10-24-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

I got an original 1914 ek I attatched on a fliegerbluse which a vet brought back from WWII. It doesn´t look like the ek I represented in this thread so it would not be helpful in this context.

Comment

I've seen pics of fallschirmjaegers wearing them but again, mostly younger guys and they were the '39 series cross. Anyone who earned the EK1 in WW1 would not be young nor a junior guy in WW2.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                        Why would a General wear a cloth EK? Perhaps a guy who is in the trenches, crawling thru the mud but not a staff guy.....

No he wouldn't.

Comment

and also the quality off the craftsmanship,,

is not up to what normally is stitched on to a generals uniform ...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                            No he wouldn't.

I can remember a story off a good friend off Erwin Rommel ( also a General )

died in his tank leading an attack in Africa,,,,

but don't know if that story is throe or I recalling it correctly...

Comment

These were of course private purchase items and expensive relative to a "common" awarded example--ie ones without the fancy reverse fitting/elaborate attachment set-ups, silver contents and such bells and whistles so to speak, so I would see no problem with the piece being original and each example encountered would have to be judged on its individual merits.

Best,

J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X