Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1914 made of brass???

Do you know what this is?
    The holes look primitive, so i guess the are made later on.
    Sorry about the backside picture, just to show you there is no fabricated back.
    Best Regards
    Lars
    Attached Files

Frontside

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it's been removed from something - eg a patriotic box. Not part of an award imo.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hello

I don't know for certain what it is, but I'd suggest that this is simply a facsimile of the Iron Cross used, possibly, on some sort of banner, organisation board or something of that ilk. Perhaps even something that may have been attached to a grave marker? I'm assuming that the holes are to allow it to be attached (sewn on? pinned on?) in some way to a banner, board or what have you.

Hopefully someone will have seen these before and be able to assist better than I can.

Regards
        David

Comment

These stamped EKs are for decorating patriotic souvenirs. This ashtray is made up of a sheet metal base with the stamped cross soldered on top. I've heard of other uses but I've never seen any. No way to tell what yours decorated once other than it was held on with two screws, pins or nails.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much for your usefull comments.
            Best Regards
            Lars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X