No announcement yet.

Engraved EK I 1914 - Opinions please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would the EK being repainted be a indicator that the engraving is faked? Tons of non-engraved, repainted EKs are also out there.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
      Why would the EK being repainted be a indicator that the engraving is faked?
      Oh, I didn't mean to say that. Just that I believe it may have been repainted.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

But Johnny does.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

In my opinion it makes it more likely it may be bad. Typically junk EKs that have little collector value are reconditioned and supercharged with things like our fantastic detailed engraving to a Blue Max Awardee. Another example is using WWI frames for earlier EKs etc. Don's EK has not been messed with and have a patina that is very difficult to fake. I just very much doubt the engraving on the EK that started this thread is period done. Don's observation is the most productive, that is just that the odds are off the charts this is real plus the other observations. It is bad math, but it is a waste of time to argue about it because it was held to be real before it was posted. This happens all the time when someone does not hear what they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
            ..........Re the engraving, this looks like it's been "chiseled" for the most part - many very straight "strokes". For the most part the letters look nicely done, but the numbers/dates appear comparitively crude. .........Regards
            Mike
            This was what I noticed even before reading Mike's analysis. The numbers at the bottom look very uneven and crude, whereas the lettering is very nicely done.

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the guy?
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X