Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to id these medals?

Ok so not the clearest picture(sorry)
    any chance to id the awards in the close up? Also, can some kind soul please translate the writing on the reverse.
    many thanks
    andy
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting photo. The first award on the ribbon bar looks to me like an Iron Cross 2nd Class on the non-combatant ribbon.

Regards

Carl C

Comment

The German text on the back of the card:

Zur freundlichen Erinnerung an hübsche gemeinsam verlebte Stunden am 22.11.17

Fritz und Miezi Schellenberg

Münster i(n) W.(estfalen) Febr.(uar) 1918

Gerdan

Comment

Andy, your closeup guy has the EK2 for non-combat, Red Eagle Order 4th Class, what looks like a Crown Order 3rd Class, possibly a long service cross, an 1897 Centenary Medal and something possibly from Waldeck at the end of the bar. I can't figure out what the order is below the bar.

Comment

excellent
              many thnaks to all for your help
              regards
              andy

Comment

I agree with VtwinVince’s read of the medal bar.

With regard to the decoration below the bar, I am inclined to think in terms of possibly Hessen-Darmstadt (Ehrenkreuz mit Krone).

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                  Andy, your closeup guy has the EK2 for non-combat, Red Eagle Order 4th Class, what looks like a Crown Order 3rd Class, possibly a long service cross, an 1897 Centenary Medal and something possibly from Waldeck at the end of the bar. I can't figure out what the order is below the bar.
                  I think it is not a long service cross, I see the small long service medal for the Landwehr.

Regards Mike

Comment

Taking another look... are there two crosses after the Centenary medal? One plain, right after the Centenary medal, and then an enameled one on the end?

Comment

Good eye, Wild Card, definitely two crosses at the end, maybe a Saxon AEZ with swords or something from Wuerttemberg? And it is for sure a Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung after the KO.

Comment

thanks again
                        kind regards
                        andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X