Max show Find Killer 1870 medal bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max show Find Killer 1870 medal bar!

Is there any way this bar can be identfied? This was my big buy at the max show this year.
    Attached Files

the back.

the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting bar, with a wide frame EK. Also, the manner of mounting the EK is highly unusual. The way in which the whole bar is mounted is unusual with the ribbons laying flat on the bottom of the bar. I also find it interesting that the Centenary Medal is present, but no battle bars on the KDM, but he does have the Jubilee oaks. Is the EK 2 magnetic?

Comment

Very interesting to see the wideframe EK2 on this bar. I'm curious to know from the experts if any of the other awards can be dated with certainty to before WWI, as I am far out of my depth with them.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I like it.
          It's nice seeing a wideframe on a bar. Of coarse even if all the awards
          are good (I have no reason to believe they are not) it would be hard to
          say when the bar was assembled. It could still be a bar assembled post

Comment

short anwser-Probably

Nice bar. This is certainly one to inspect in-hand though. The bar dates @ 1900, when the older LS schnalle was worn
            The 25 jubilee oaks combined with a Centnl. medal and the lack of battle bars is no problem. I have lots and lots of photos with this combination. The bars themselves were not issued until @ the turn of the century and many vetrans just didn't bother.
            The orders are the key here and odds are he's searchable.
            Note however, the LACK of an REO or a CO.....which is significant: "at the neck" or "not awarded" is the big question. My gut says the latter option.
            If I had to guess I'd reckon some sort of Rittmeister/Hauptmann in the cavalry with a "von" in his name. Cavalry officers had a greater turnover and shorter time in than infantry officers and also seem to have tended to have more orders pound-per-pound than artillery, pioneers and infantry.
            Rick L. will know instantly as the combination is probably almost unique.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
              Rick L. will know instantly as the combination is probably almost unique.
              I think so, yes - if it's a good bar. I'm not sure but rather do NOT like it. Combination is odd, sewing is odd - and especially this green reverse... hum...

Ist the WF3aX real gold?
              sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Current thinking on these wideframe EK2s is that they may have been Third Reich manufacture. I wonder what that says about the bar?
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Sascha is right about the unusual construction, as I've also pointed out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X