No announcement yet.

medal bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are posting Austrian Bars does this one look okay?
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

front
        Attached Files

Comment

side
          Attached Files

Comment

Note the lack of the KtK-impossible given the combat awards in bar 31.

RE: Johnny R's bar- in a word: splendid. The last medal makes it.

Where, oh where did you get THAT offcicer's bar?

Comment

I'm not so sure about the last bar:

An "Eisernes Verdienskreuz ohne Krone" (Iron merit cross without crown) on an officers bar ? And in the ranking BEFORE the "Militärverdiensmedaillen" (medals for military merit).
              A "Centenarmedaille" (Centenar Medal) on this bar ?

The badges are good. No doubt. But the bar itself... let's hope, it's just a mistake.

Kind regards,

Peter

Comment

Yeah, I spotted that too- BUT, I think it's been 'repaired" (note the pulls/rips on the "wartime red/white ribbons).
                I think i remember this bar languishing , pulled apart in a Texas gun shop @ 5 years ago.
                It makes sense for a support officer...someone like a Hauptman/Major dL. doing something like Ordinance, trains, signals or POW camp commanding etc.. who had a prewar dL/dR connection-not regular army.

Comment

Hi !
                  If so, then he NEVER would have got a "Eisernes Verdienstkreuz ohne Krone" - it's only for men and non comissioned officers, he would have been awarded at least a "Silbernes" or "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz mit oder ohne Krone" (Merit cross in silver or gold with or without crown).
                  Maybe the second medal once was missing and someone put the "Eisernes Verdienstkreuz" there instead of a "Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit KD + SW" (military cross for merit 3rd class with war-decoration and swords)!

Regards, Peter

Comment

I made a mistake concerning the last medal on the bar ! It's NOT a Prussian "Centenarmedaille" (which really would be a problem on that bar) but a "Liechtenstein jubilee medal" (which is NO problem). Too much concentration on the Austria medals...

Kind regards,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                      Hi !
                      If so, then he NEVER would have got a "Eisernes Verdienstkreuz ohne Krone" - it's only for men and non comissioned officers, he would have been awarded at least a "Silbernes" or "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz mit oder ohne Krone" (Merit cross in silver or gold with or without crown).
                      Maybe the second medal once was missing and someone put the "Eisernes Verdienstkreuz" there instead of a "Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit KD + SW" (military cross for merit 3rd class with war-decoration and swords)!

Regards, Peter
                      Yup- the EVK is easy to find, but not MVK3X !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X