Battle of jutland medal bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of jutland medal bar?

Hi guys I have the chance to add this bar to my collection. According to the owner this was from a guy who was at the battle of jutland. Thats all the info I have on it. He is asking me for £180 for the bar. I wont be selling it on I would just like to add it to my collection.

Here it is anyway, I think its good it just looks a little to clean for me so I wanted your opnions.

Regards Adam

IMG_0970.jpg

[ATTACH]1272192[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272193[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272196[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272197[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272201[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272203[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1272205[/ATTACH]

Comment

AJC05,
                  Nice bar but nothing says "Battle of Jutland".....just three very common Imperial/30s awards, and if that's the price tag..... over priced. This should be around $100.00 US (+/-)....

No problem with cleanliness....some have survived "perfect" and some "not so perfect"....effects the value, of course....

Sounds like this dealer has a "story" for every item.....in most cases stories are just that, they don't add anything to the basic value unless fully documented and substanciated.
                  John G.

PS Looking again, Bavarian ribbon badly faded, no backing on the bar itself.....I'd pass on this one unless alot cheaper than marked!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                    AJC05,
                    Nice bar but nothing says "Battle of Jutland".....just three very common Imperial/30s awards, and if that's the price tag..... over priced. This should be around $100.00 US (+/-)....

No problem with cleanliness....some have survived "perfect" and some "not so perfect"....effects the value, of course....

Sounds like this dealer has a "story" for every item.....in most cases stories are just that, they don't add anything to the basic value unless fully documented and substanciated.
                    John G.

PS Looking again, Bavarian ribbon badly faded, no backing on the bar itself.....I'd pass on this one unless alot cheaper than marked!

Thanks for the info/ advice John. I'll leave this one.
                    I'll have do do some more research on medal bars I think!

rehards Adam

Comment

John is correct, this is way overpriced and how do you know it's from someone that was at Jutland?
                      If you look on German ebay you can get a bar like this for maybe £60 or so.

J

Comment

Just as a comment-it was unusual (not impossible, but unusual) for a navy E1/E2 to get the BMVK3x. The navy was an imperial service. If one was a native citizen of Bavaria, one might get it, but it was very unusual for imperial service.
                        There are LOts of Wehrpasses out there to confirm this.
                        The BavMVK3x "roll" technically exists-althouth it has over 365,000 names on it!

Comment

I agree with the other comments, that this bar is way overpriced. If there were some kind of documentation with it to attribute it to a Battle of Jutland veteran, then maybe ... but without anything like that ... no! Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

The bar is...oh, wait. Everybody covered all the main points I was going to add. Just that for 180 pounds and a faded Bav. ribbon like that....

I was just going to add, that if the "dealer" is high on this bar, you can bet that he is high priced on all of his stuff, unless you get very lucky with something he underestimates.

Comment

The EK ribbon looks modern. Look how the left edge has a row of fine stitching and the right edge does not. This is exactly like the modern made repro ribbon I bought from Germany. I think the bar is put together with old medals and a new mounting. Below is a pic of repro non-combatant EK ribbon that shows the same type of edge treatment, though the fine chain stitching is on the opposite side of this example. Just my 2-cents. Ammersee
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X