A Godet variant EK1 WW1 Opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Godet variant EK1 WW1 Opinion.

Greetings, I just got what I believe is a Godet WW1 EK1. After studying the databank, I see that the godet has a G upright on the pin. My example is horizontal.
    I would like your opinion of this EK1 please.
    Also, if this is an acceptable cross, if someone could let me know if this would have been a period piece (during the WW1 time period, or re-manufactured afterwords for a veteran during the 20s 30's or 40's)

Regards,
    JustinG
    Attached Files

The back showing "G"
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me. The G has been stamped in a different direction than most, which are right side up. I would think this is one of the wartime award pieces, although Godet made many private purchase EKs.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response Steve.

Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
          Thanks for the speedy response Steve.

Regards,
          JustinG
          I would say others will chime in. The cross looks fine, but I cannot say 100% it is a wartime award piece, but I have been of the belief that the Godet pinbacks marked G are award pieces. Is it flat or vaulted?

Comment

I agree with Steve. Looks to be a period Godet.
            The frame coloring looks a little off to me but that might be the photo
            and not the cross. Godet's tend to have a nice silver frame and develop
            a dark patina.

Comment

Looks good from what I know, all of which I learned from asking forum members about this cross (below). The only real difference I can see is the hinge. Others more knowledgeable may know if yours is also an accepted type.

Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Greetings, This cross I just purchased. I don't yet have it in hand.
                I believe that this cross just how it looks from the scans, to be a flat, non-vaulted.
                Thanks to everyone, I will post some more examples.
                It is nice to know that the cross I have is a known variant with the "G". I was just a little doubtful after I had purchased and then looked at the database and saw only the upright "G" on the pins.

Thanks everyone!

Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

Nice cross with no problems. Flat one, awarded version, presumably war-time - but then, they were awarded up to 1924, and it might as well be 1918-1924 era. Still, for sure an original, awarded cross.

I think most flat crosses are awarded ones while most private purchased stuff is vaulted. Just a rule-of-thumb, for sure not in 100% right.
                  sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X