No announcement yet.

Genuine Flamethrower Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't look like it has ever been sewn onto anything, front looks very clean yet reverse looks to have been made a little ' grubby ' . Ferg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
      Doesn't look like it has ever been sewn onto anything, front looks very clean yet reverse looks to have been made a little ' grubby ' . Ferg1.

The badge I have doesn't seem to have been worn. It has an even 'ageing' all over it.

The ageing looks natural to me, but who knows.

Watch this space.

Comment

Originally posted by pattiewhack View Post
        just saw this on ebay.de and was wondering of your opinions.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123

Regards,

Andrew

Just for information................it sold today for 110 Euros.

Comment

It proably would be a good idea to do a screen shot and post a pic of the item instead of providing a link that will be useless in 30 days. This kinds of goes along lines of the same reason we lose the right to edit a post after 15 min.
          Attached Files

Comment

Up to now we have no final answer about this badge. I read the discussion about it in other forums. I think the seller is a honest guy, but who knows? He sold two. Who has ever seen a third one? I read in the other forum that a similar one appeared in past. Is it true? Who has seen it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
              Up to now we have no final answer about this badge. I read the discussion about it in other forums. I think the seller is a honest guy, but who knows? He sold two. Who has ever seen a third one? I read in the other forum that a similar one appeared in past. Is it true? Who has seen it before?
              I have only seen the two.

I don't know what they are, but I am personally convinced that they are period made.................either WW1 or Freikorps.

If I believed for one moment that the badge I have is some sort of fantasy item, it would be in the bin straight away.

Everything about the construction and age (when in the hand) looks right.

The seller has turned up some very good things in the past. Also some very unusual things.

I believe that, some day, a picture will turn up showing one of these badges being worn at the time.

Then everyone will want one!

Comment

I must say, that I'm a believer in this two badges. Fakes, that I have seen in past, were not comparable with this two sold examples.

Let us see what the future will bring. You should always believe in your eyes and not in a story.
                Last edited by Sergeant 08; 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I'll admit to driving the price up on the second one. I wanted to lay it next to my flame thrower badge to compare. If a third one shows up I doubt I will bid on it.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Maybe the badge went on both arms- hence the finding of 2 together?

I have never spotted dreck sold by this seller- and have picked up a number of items over the years always with much pleasure. He has had some amazing looking big $ photos as well- not that I know much about paper. Have you guys seen iffy items from the fox?

Ps. Fwiw, I did buy a set of Prussian streamers for a standard- I believe they were samples or prototypes- from this seller. He had 2 sets and divided them into two auctions separated by several weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      He has had some amazing looking big $ photos as well
                      Here is one for example!

PS: Btw the photo does not show a standard flamethrower badge.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sergeant 08; 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                        I'll admit to driving the price up on the second one. I wanted to lay it next to my flame thrower badge to compare. If a third one shows up I doubt I will bid on it.
                        I wish you had won the badge, Don.....................you'd see the age and the quality of the thing when held in the hand.

The photos don't do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                          I have never spotted dreck sold by this seller- and have picked up a number of items over the years always with much pleasure.

I did buy a set of Prussian streamers for a standard- I believe they were samples or prototypes- from this seller. He had 2 sets and divided them into two auctions separated by several weeks.
                          That second point is interesting. Thanks for posting this.

I too have had some wonderful items from this seller.

The badge below is one of them.................it's in solid silver. I have never seen another exactly like it before or since.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                            it's in solid silver. I have never seen another exactly like it before or since.
                            Solid silver badge? Must be a really rare one.

Comment

Back to the theme of this thread!

Since the second badge was for sale, I have never seen another one!?

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I repeat, let us see what the future will bring.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X