Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistery etui, Who can identify it?

Dear Imperialoids,

Together with my Verdienstkreuz für Frauen und Jungfrauen 1870 I got an etui, which is evidently not for this cross (see Bavarian style king's crown).

The sizes are :

Width : 110.83 mm (12 cm)
    Length : 134. 22 mm (13,5 cm)
    Heigth : 43.19 mm ( 4.5 cm)

I would really appreciate your comments on it. Thank you very much in advance!

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

Another shot: top of the case.
    Attached Files

Comment

Shot from the back of the case.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it was made for some kind of "Steckkreuz" with a gap for the pinback.

Comment

Another shot... of the opener push-button.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last shot. This is interesting: you can see the "shadow" of a medal (probably steckkreuz or breast star , like Jens said) which has been stored during many years in this case. If you look closely it seems almost like the Belgian Crown Order. Is that possible? The five points shaped cross you can almost detect looks like that...

I am clueless... heeeeelp!!!

Ciao,

Claudio
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you see the pattern in the cover!!!!!!! It looks like one of the rare 1914 Steckkreuze like Reuss or Weimer-Eisenach!

Comment

Jens,

I wish it was a case for such rare Steckkreuze... but I don't think so. What I can see it's a five pointed crosses with malta crosses like shaped arms and centered medallion with a crown. From the picture I posted you can barely see it.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

etui

The crown on the case is Belgian and the imprint is the Belgian Order of the Crown.One of those "buy me for a euro" type orders.

Comment

grand officer

hello, it's the case of the grand officer of the order of the crown. Stevenn if you have one for one euro, I'll take it!
                    Olivier

Comment

This is the proper case for the Verdeinstkreuz. It measures 3 5/8/x5 3/8 in and is covered with a reddish brown morocco leather.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It has an odd shaped depression to accomodate the ring and pin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

so the Cross sits like this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X