This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JensF.
    Can someone please post the pics? I can't see them due ebays idiotic "Beware the german users from seeing a swastika" sh*t filter.
    Jens,

I complained like mad about that and now I can look at whatever I like. I complained on ebay.co.uk though, I didn't see any point in complaining to them here in Germany and gave the reason "how can I sell items I can't even look at on my screen."

Tony

Comment

Got off of Ebay.Wound badge
      Attached Files

Comment

The back.Check out the catch.
        Attached Files

Comment

Is this another one of these pieces?? Currently available on you know where if someone was serious about filler. The seller doesn't seem to keen on sending any photos of the back. Let me know what you think. If it's good, it could be cleaned up a bit.

Comment

How many EK

How many Eisernes Kreuz 1870-1914 was given. How many in the WW1. 1 st Class and 2nd Class.
            Kjell

Comment

Fakes

It's looks very realistic . But thank god we have this forum . I HATE FAKES , especialy when sold as original .

Comment

A copy of a Sachsen War Merit Cross (Kriegsverdienstkreuz):
                Attached Files

Comment

And one from the Honor Cross with Swords and Crown. I am not sure if these are one-sided Göde copies...
                  Attached Files

Comment

A good copy of a feldgraue Koppelschloß!!! Imagine this one artificially aged!
                    Attached Files

Comment

The seller at ebay (selling it as REPRO) writes that it is made from steel, so it should be magnetic!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ho the Muffin Crown Man

Just a reminder to keep on your toes on eBay. Poor photos can hide a lot of ills. The 1870 EK1 in the second auction posted below is the same as the first one, but photographed in focus and at a different angle. It's a great week on eBay. Here are two fake muffin crown 1870 Ek1's in one day!!! The one from ruby sold once for $900, but the seller (as a result of wisely consulting THIS -FORUM and it's members) insisted that it be checked out by Detlev and the bid payment placed in escrow. Low and behold, the seller blocked the buyer's emails and relisted his little jewel again. No mention on either auction of these being the worst EK fakes to come out yet. Even the Latvian sellers used to do better.
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...502664023&rd=1
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...502735953&rd=1
                        (the above auction was a relisting of the same item whcih sold for $900 recently.)
                        In all fairness to the seller of the second fake, he's just pulled his re-listed fake off eBay. Maybe he saw the light.

Comment

eBay Warning: Fake Wappen, Spikes, and EK's

Warning: IMO, these are repro wappen. The seller fails to mention that most of his "Deschler" EK's, "rare" wappen, and most of his Pickelhaubes are cobbled together with replacement parts. He used to do business as Canberra486 until he got a couple of feedbacks about his repros.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...503001699&rd=1
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...503001699&rd=1

Comment

one for the list

Hi
                            Came across this thread and it seemed like the ideal place to post this medal. Comes from a large collection i recently inherited. Fortunately, most of the other crosses are original. I have very limited knowledge of German Militaria. but as this is a one piece, non-magnetic construction I have deducted it is a copy and posted it here for others reference
                            Regards
                            Andy
                            Attached Files

Comment

the rear

the rear
                              Attached Files

Comment

Check out this EK1. With crapier pics this one could be very dangerous. Check out the uneven date!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:RECO:US:2
                                Last edited by Rich G; 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM.
                                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                                Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X