EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini ek2-1914s, ek2-1870s, plm...and more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure what kind of rust to look for, none of the medals are rusted, they even shinier on reverse, but it's kind of hard to pull them back or flip, medals are very tight together. ...and I really don't know about the rules with an eagle devises.
    Last edited by AlikN; 06-20-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Isn't that rust or something similar on the NSDAP and on the Hindenburg cross? They are a bit salty(?) and that should leave traces on the ribbon, especially if mounted tightly.

About the eagles: if I remember correctly they were part of the medals and I cannot imagine those worn without on a bar. Maybe on a mini chain, but that's the only exeption I can imagine. On a medal bar, on a ribbon bar, and as well on a mini medal bar they "should" be there. But that does not say anything about originallity. Many mistakes were made period.
      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Here is an other closeup of the first three, like I mentioned before it looks that something was spattered on NSDAP and on the Hindenburg cross, most likely and the same time.
        Attached Files

Comment

...and I found some green oxidation buildups, where are the treads a tight to the medals.
          Attached Files

Comment

Alik,

I am not ready to throw out the PlM mini. It looks identical to a type supposedly vended by Paul Küst and it appears to be the type also shown on page 318 of Prussian Blue. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
              Alik,

I am not ready to throw out the PlM mini. It looks identical to a type supposedly vended by Paul Küst and it appears to be the type also shown on page 318 of Prussian Blue. Steve

Thanks Steve......

Comment

I'm really sorry but most of these appear to be post war cast fakes. My opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X