Help with Medal ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Medal ID please

I have recently obtained these portraits of a german soldier from WW1 and would like to know the following if possible. The first medal is of course the EK2 and the second is the Hamburg cross but what is the third medal. I would also like to know this chaps rank and his shoulder boards has a number 29 below a cypher that appears to be LX or something similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    These two pics are from a set of three with the first pic being taken in 1915 with this person wearing the EK2 and the third medal in question. The two portraits posted were taken in 1918. One of these has writting on the back and the portrait taken in 1915 does as well. I have attached the reverse of both these portraits in the hope that somebody may be able to help decypher the inscription. The dates are all that I can make out. Thanks again.

And the reverse inscription...

the tex of the first postcard:

Zur Erinnerung an die Vollendung des 61. Lebensjahrs
    6. August 1918

To remember the 61th birthday
    6. August 1918

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan for that translation although I am a little confused by it. I take it the portrait picture was not taken 6th August 1918.

Comment

The third medal is Prussian Long Service.

Comment

Super photos!

Comment

The medal is the Prussian Reserve and Landwehr long service award 2nd class, 1913 form. Nice photos.
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thanks guys for that any ideas with the chaps rank and unit.....

Comment

Would anyone have a picture of this third medal? I dont doubt the information that this third medal is Prussian but I have searched the net for such a medal and found a couple but they all have a blue ribbon. Cant say for sure but it does not look like a blue ribbon on the medal this chap is wearing. Any ideas?

Phil

Comment

Well, he is an Offizierstellvertreter (acting officer). I can see the unit number on the strap, but there is something else above it. Can you provide a closer scan of the board?

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X