Hoher Order vom Schwarzen Adler-Black Eagle Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoher Order vom Schwarzen Adler-Black Eagle Order

I just picked up this "Hoher Order vom Schwarzen Adler" or Black Eagle Order in bullion.

I was looking for threads about these Black Eagle orders and what puzzles me is that on one the eagle looks to the left and on others the eagle is looking to the right. Is it possible that there are indeed versions which are so totally different, or is this one not standard/original?

It is a very large sized one; circa 13,5 cm or 5.3 inches. I learned through threads that these were used on horse blankets or for use on the pistol holster or on the saddle.; is that correct?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

back
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello mel,

As far as I can tell, done properly, the eagle faces to the left on actual order stars. With regard to the stars used on horse blankets and pistol holsters on the saddle, these are usually referred to as Schabrunkenstern; and I have seen examples of these where the eagle faces to the right. Shown below is a star from George Seymour’s collection which, although very similar to yours, has the eagle facing to the left. According to George, this is an issue star, not a Schabrunkenstern.

Hopefully some of our more knowledgeable members can clarify this point.

Best wishes,

Wild Card
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello mel and Wild Card,

I think that both stars are Schabracken Stars. Why? ALL orders stars have between radiation sequins All Stars for Schabracken and Schabrunken have no sequins. :o) Please look in the BDOS Magazin Nr. 58.

Best regards, Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X