Looking for a fake Latvian 1914 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a fake Latvian 1914 EK1

No, I have not gone "mad" or crossed to "the dark side" . All these marvelous EK1 examples posted in this forum, have me wanting to obtain a few more nice 1914 EK1 screw-back or variation pin-back to display on the shelves where most of the Pickelhauben reside here. I have about 7 pin-backs, but they are all hanging on Feldgrau tunics, are the are common KO, .800, or unmarked examples etc.

But I admit, the Latvian and UK fakes that some have shown, have me concerned. I would like to find one (without paying $150 bidding against some poor uninformed collector on an auction from "the82nd") so I can have one for comparison. Can they actually be bought somewhere? Tony

I think Ebay.De is the best place to buy them

I sent the one I had to one of the mods (George Stimson, I think?) for inclusion on the fakes gallery. If you do a search in the members forum "fakes" you'll see some clear pics that show the differences in detail and may even save you buying one...!

Comment

Just stumbled across the seller "peipussee" on eBay. Registered in Lithuania, and selling a couple of EKIs well below the expected market value.

--Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X