Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickelhaube question

Hi,

I have a quick question, what does the imaged badge represent/signify on a Prussian Garde Pickelhaube? Is it some sort of commerative add-on?

Regards
    Mike K

PS: For Tony & Kaiser at The Bunker - GREAT SITE - and if I missed the answer there I'm sorry!!
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Hello Mike,

The cross below the "Gardestern" simply means that the wearer of this Pickelhaube was an officer of the Reserve.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Thanks Claudio, I guess these Pickelhaube's would be valued lower than those without the additional cross (ie career officers)?

Nice Pickelhaube's in your other thread!

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Mike,
        Quite the opposite, I would rate a Reserve or Landwehr helmet of any rank more desirable than a Line helmet, especially for a Garde Regt. Note that the Fatherland motto is on the cross, and not on a Bandeau on the eagle's chest, another unique feature of these helmets. Look at that marvelous Reserve officer's Tschako in Claudio's collection for example. Cool huh? Tony http://www.kaisersbunker.com

Comment

Hello Tony,

I completely agree with you on the Reserve's or Landwehr's helmets. To me they are very desirable, not only from a rarity point of view but also from design... I should add also the Einjahrfreiwilliger helmets, mostly EM or NCO's premium grade quality and privately purchased headgear and uniforms, are also very desirable.

BTW thank you very much for your nice words on my Garde Pickelhaube... I always follow your threads with a lot of interest!

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: Thank you Mike for your comment on my helmets, too!
          Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-18-2003, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X