• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Juncker pilot

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this badge? It would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Giel

ps: sorry for the imageshack pics at this moment.

Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

I believe that flaw up by the hinge is a bad sign but wait for others to chime in Giel. Are you headed towards Imperial now?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
      I believe that flaw up by the hinge is a bad sign but wait for others to chime in Giel. Are you headed towards Imperial now?
      Hi Don,

This one crossed my path for a reasonable price.
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

I don't like it either. It has the "superfluous berry" on the obverse, and the hardware and hallmarks on the reverse don't look right to me.

Comment

Dear Giel,

I would wait for something more "textbook"/accepted as the norm. For me, the recessed area of the hinge is not correct. I like to see what some call a cupcake style recessed area. If you are not familiar with that term or what it looks like, the recessed area should be much larger, almost encompassing the whole area behind the crown. When viewed, the area looks like a big cupcake.

If you look on the forum, you will see alot of controversy over Imperial aviation badges. Everything from construction to markings (Crown/800/moon or Moon/800 copntroversy) are debated. The debates are so controverisal that I decided to sell off all of my Imperial aviation badges. If I were to buy Imperial aviation badges today, I would only go with what is considered textbook, i.e. cupcake recess, Moon/800 marking etc.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

This looks like one of the moon/800/crown badges without the crown (and a "correct" J). The fakers are finally getting smarter, but imo they are going to have to tidy up a lot of other areas with this repro before there is any real concern amongst knowledgeable collectors.

Regards
            Mike
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Crown well is too shallow and the flaw on it in the lower right side of the well would make me pass as well. The 'berry' debate is open I suppose still, but I tend to not like the berry where it joins the left mountain range at the leaves either. For a cheap display, these aren't bad but these things seem to cost people and hundreds and even four figures on eBay. A shame really. Steve

Comment

Let's just say I wouldn't want it for my collection.

Tim
                "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Comment

This piece is actually remarkable in the number of fake "tells". I don't recall seeing one before that had this many indicators. At first count I find nine.

I would consider having it JUST to have an excellent example of a fake.

Having said that, I fully agree with Mike Kenny comments as the fakers are getting much better at their deceptions. They learn too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X