Some Very Nice Imperial Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
    cool il have my mate take a look!!! and he DOES know hie finish stuff for sure! still though! sweet frangspange(?) if only i had the $$$!!!!!!

What fight against communism medal?, I cant find any finnish one on the net besides the romanian fac we are all familiar with.
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Ribbon is wrong for Finnish award. Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty (wartime) used only red ribbon with two small white stripes on the edges:

Comment

noor, what ribbon is on the frack i have then?
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by Mike P. View Post
          Hi McCulloh , The Gent I bought it from was set up at a small Antique Mall and it turned out he was selling his WW1 Medal collection from the 60's . He sold everything off and now he's no longer a dealer there. This guy knew very little about "today's Militaria values and nothing about WW2 German items at all ...that 9 place Bar cost me only $150 . I first posted it (and the others) back in 2005 on GMIC ..no one mentioned any problems.
          Please let me know what's bothering you with that Bar....is it the sequence ?
          Here's the Thread --
          http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3388
          It is the sequence, but also the infamous "Austrian big bar" mounting style and the warning bell of three separate lower class state awards (NCO ranks etc.). Anything above two is very,very rare and unusual.
          Id like to see the back and actually hold that one.

Still, for the price, you got a great deal.

It's a bar worthy of an individual thread.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me on it McCulloh …I understand what you’re saying but , I don’t see any red flags based on the way the Bar was made . Each Ribbon is nicely stitched and reinforced …the backing fabric is pretty clean but it does have some moth damage (nothing heavy though) <O</O
            They took their time putting this together<O</O
            Here’s a shot of the back --<O</O
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my cased Bar --
              Attached Files

Comment

a few more Imperials I have to put away
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's my cased Bar --
                  I like that a lot!
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

so do I.

28 years ago it did not make much sense to put bars together, as most collectors did individual medals. With the advent of Seymour, Ludvigsen, Altengruber, Lundstrom et al., people realized they could research theses bars and the individual's careers. Bars values skyrocketed. (Compare the values of named and unnamed British campaign medals for the "research value" of an item).
                    The back of that I would rate a "maybe".
                    Nothing there screams "original", but nothing there says "definitely fake" either. I'd sniff it, black light and like to see "under the hood".
                    I am getting to the point where I recognize specific sewing styles of some contemporary fakers.
                    ...and they are getting better I might add-check out Kelley's site for example.
                    Last edited by McCulloh; 11-21-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                      so do I.

The back of that I would rate a "maybe".
                      Nothing there screams "original", but nothing there says "definetly fake" either.
                      That's exactly how I felt about it and why there was no problem...He had a lot of other odd ball medals from various Countries as well but , I focused mostly on his Medal Bars. The only "new" item he had was a '57 RK with Oaks and Swords S&L cased (type "B") and my friend bought that for $100.
                      It's well worth being careful these days but , It's a shame our Hobby has taught members to be paranoid or doubt everything so fast ...imagine how many deals or opportunities have been lost.
                      I love stuff like that ...this year I bought a Gold Part Badge from a Website that had it listed as fake based only on the pin being replaced ---it was a Deschler ,cost me only $50 and is very real.
                      wish that happened every day

Comment

I'm glad you guys like the cased set ...it's nicely done . I love the way they fit in !

Comment

That's exactly how I felt about it and why there was
                          It's well worth being careful these days but , It's a shame our Hobby has taught members to be paranoid or doubt everything so fast ...imagine how many deals or opportunities have been lost.
                          I love stuff like that ...this year I bought a Gold Party Badge from a Website that had it listed as fake based only on the pin being replaced ---it was a Deschler ,cost me only $50 and is very real.
                          wish that happened every day
                          Me too.
                          But it pays to be cautious. The fakes have been out there since the late 1950s and they REALLY cranked them out in the 1960s and 1970s.

Ignorance costs- I once passed up a fantastic hessian medical bar (for $25!: I still weep) because I misidentified the medical cross and thought it an unofficial veteran's piece.

By the way, what was the badge number?
                          Last edited by McCulloh; 11-21-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                            noor, what ribbon is on the frack i have then?
                            That's for Hessen-Darmstadt's "Militär-Sanitätskreuz 1914".
                            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Still some nice bars there.
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                                Me too.
                                By the way, what was the badge number?
                                I agree ...and the badge number is 61521..forgot it's a small pattern Fuess. Guess I'm getting old !
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Mike P.; 11-22-2008, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X