General with nice orders! What orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General with nice orders! What orders?

I would like to know, what orders this General wears? Thanks for help!

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM.

Comment

It looks like an enameled Red Eagle at the throat.

Below the EKI, the breast badge appears to be a Baden Zahringer??? And it definitely looks like there is a Zahringer in third position down his front buttons.

He is a general. Possible Baden and it would be just easier to identify him first and then get his listing of awards he earned.

Comment

Yup, he's got the PRAO 2nd class with oakleaves and swords at the neck, what looks like a PKO 2nd class with swords, a BZL below that with corresponding breast star, and what might be a Saxon duchies Ernestine House Order.

Comment

Thanks for the infos

Is there a chance to find out the name of the General?

Comment

No ideas or sources that I can try to use to find an answer

Comment

Niiice pic!!

If You could do a better scan of the Awards and post i here or send me an eMail it should be easy to find out who he is. Red Eagle and Baden is sure, everything else is too blurry to say it definetly.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Hallo Daniel,

I'm really interested to know, who he is! Thank you for the help! I will try to post detailed photos as soon as possible!

PS: Ich denke, ich werde bessere Bilder in der Mitte nächster Woche machen können!

Comment

Other photos!

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think that you might have a Hohenzollern with swords above the Zahringer Lion and an Order of the Württemberg Crown below it.

Comment

Now it is simple...I would looove to get a 300 dpi scan for my files.

Langer, Felix Hugo Theodor,
                          1859-1940
                          1914 GenMaj Cdr 54.InfBrigade, retired as Gen d. Inf and Cdr XXIV.Res-Corps

Awards:
                          plm with oakleaves and Württemberg MVO knight still not seen here
                          RAO2EX around the neck,
                          Commander of the Princely Hohenzollern House Order with swords,
                          Baden Zähringer Lion with star,
                          Württemberg Crown Order Commander with swords
                          Sweden Order of the Sword commander

Ribbon bar has:
                          EK2, Pruss.Crown Order 3 with swords, one unknown, long Service XXV, Southwestafrica-medal, maybe China Medal in steel, Centenary medal

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thank you for the help and the detailed informations, Daniel

PS: I will try to send to you a scan as soon as possible !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X