New Mecklenburg Schwerin 1st Class FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mecklenburg Schwerin 1st Class FF

Just picked this one up, a 1st Class Mecklenburg-Schwerin Cross. This is one of the German States EK equivalent awards I believe. The FF stands for Friedrich Franz. This one is said to be an actual award piece as opposed to a replacement. I've always liked this particular award and have waited awhile to get one, although you don't see them up for sale that much. Does anyone know what the awrded numbers were for this award?
    Attached Files

The rear. Unmarked as I believe all of these are. These are great looking awards in my mind.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice cross, Steve, and you're right, not that common. Some can be found with the reverse finished like the second class, but with a pin fitted. I'm looking for one of these.

Comment

Thanks Vince. I like how the design follows the basic design of the Prussian Iron Cross, yet differs in finish, the initials etc. It will make a nice contrast in my case of 1914 EK1s. I know it will stand out and make people notice.

Comment

I agree Steve, a nice looking award that stands out amongst a crowd of EKs.
          Attached Files
          pseudo-expert

Comment

reverse
            Attached Files
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Nice one Don. I'm glad I picked mine up.

Comment

Very nice.
                I have yet to come across a fullsized version but I do have
                a nice little one.
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a cool Frack Chain Greg. They add to any collection. At one of the last Toronto military shows I managed to pick up these three stick pin minis, an EK1, an Oldenburg FA and a Mecklenburg-Schwerin, which will go nice with my new item.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice stick pins, Steve.
                    I still have not found a mini FA cross.

Comment

Thanks. I got all three at the same time and knew the two States Crosses were hard to find. I have a full size FA 1st class also, so it all fits.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X