C.E. Juncker Die Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C.E. Juncker Die Storage

Anybody see anything interesting in this photo?

http://www.cejuncker.com/index.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don Doering; 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM.
    pseudo-expert

Damned interesting photograph. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

great infomation, Don

That's sad they discontinued their business.

thanks,
      Indy

Comment

Juncker

Hi Don, I have a copy of that '1932' Juncker catalogue, the one mentioned in the Juncker info site. Actually it is an amalgam of different periods of their [ Juncker] items. The book I have is ,I reckon , a 1970's produced book made as a reference to showcase Junckers work from pre WW1 to 1930's. The pages are photo's of pages from various period catalogues of theirs, it is interesting and shows everything you can imagine, including British cap badges !! But Imperial aviation badges ?? NOT ONE shown in the entire book ! No aviation related items whatsoever, strange ,given the glamour and beauty of these pieces you would think that they would have shown them off in the pages, I have theories about this but another time ..... Ferg1.

Comment

Oh..... and was the interesting thing in the picture the PLM dies ? Ferg1.

Comment

hhmmmmm how about the PLM dies????

Comment

I see a die flaw. Third one down second on the left. Look carefully.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
                Oh..... and was the interesting thing in the picture the PLM dies ? Ferg1.

Bingo!!! We have a winner. Where is Steve?
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Nice closet Don. When was that photo taken of you?

Comment

Great picture, thanks for showing.

However, the site claimes Juncker to be "Germany's greatest medal manufacturer". Does anyone know why? In imperial times, they were not even a "Hofjuwelier" but a "Hofgürtlermeister", producing not orders but badges and stuff like that. I honestly have no idea who might have been Germany's greatest medal manufacturer, but in my humble opinion, Juncker wasn't. Maybe Hossauer was?

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

greatest

Highly subjective, I know...I got an idea for that line sitting on the patio of a pub watching two guys passing by. They were both wearing "worlds greatest dad" shirts and I thought to myself-surely only one of the can be greatest? Either way I figured it would make for a good opening line so wrote it down and went back to drinking my Schmidling beer (worlds greatest beer).
                      cheers

Matt

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                      Great picture, thanks for showing.

However, the site claimes Juncker to be "Germany's greatest medal manufacturer". Does anyone know why? In imperial times, they were not even a "Hofjuwelier" but a "Hofgürtlermeister", producing not orders but badges and stuff like that. I honestly have no idea who might have been Germany's greatest medal manufacturer, but in my humble opinion, Juncker wasn't. Maybe Hossauer was?

Comment

Ferg, would love to take a peek at that 70s publication you mention showcasing CEJ products, and of course find out if it was mass publication and by whom if possible

cheers
                        Matt

Comment

Juncker catalogue

Hi Matt, the catalogue I have is marked on the last page with George A Peterson .Military consultant/Researcher. N.C.H.S. Inc, P.O. Box 605.
                          Springfield, Virginia, 22150. USA.
                          Now it's a fairly old book so the address might not still be valid ,the guy might not even still exist (apologies if he does). but that is the only publication detail on the book. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you some pics if interested. Ferg1.

Comment

Thanks Ferg, I apreciate your help, PM sent. Wanted to ask about that air force badges theory you mentioned earlier on..care to share?
                            cheers
                            Matt

Comment

So I'm not convinced this is Juncker... Can someone show me a Juncker PlM?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X