Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Eagle Good or Bad

Hello Everyone

I was wondering what everyone thinks as to this medals authenticity. I'm going to be selling off my entire collection of militaria short of my CEF medals to finance the publishing of a new book and want to be sure its 100%.

Now i will say that if you look at the reverse crown the beads are indented not protruding???? never seen that before (jewellers copy?). The swords also look abit off with the hilt being to thin. The order appears to be a made of a silver gilt bronze coloured metal which i believe points to it being a late ww1 piece 1916-18 during the time when material cut backs were being placed on certain awards.

The Eagle itself is extremely detailed. The medal shows some real charater with patina and wear patterns that look 100% good.

I'm going to get some better pics taken from different angle

I will get some better pics done of the order as these don't do it any justice and i'm embarassed to post these. I don't see any markings on it.

I am so stumped.... Help!!!

Cheers
    Chris

Hmmmmmm.

The 12 o'clock arm looks a little thin where it attaches to the center circle. The quality of the sword handles and hilt are weak and the finish is spotchy and uneven. These are not things I usually see with a high award like the Red Eagle.

Someone who owns a lot of these will need to express their opinion.

Comment

Sorry, but I still do not feel comfortable about those swords.

Comment

Quality does not seem that good, but it could be a spangenstueck.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X