For help on EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For help on EK1

Could you help check if this EK1 is genuine? The frame looks silver plated instead of silver.
    And more history of it, the value of it, etc

Thanks
    Last edited by ckkyt003; 10-03-2008, 09:18 AM.

Not all Imperial EKs are constructed of the classic iron core/ silver frame. There are examples that have all brass construction, various core materials, such as zinc, which can apply to frames alsowhich can be brass or tomback to name a few. I think the catch at least may be a replacement on this one.

Comment

This looks 57 pattern, in terms of the catch and pin and hinge. Or it's a fake.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        This looks 57 pattern, in terms of the catch and pin and hinge. Or it's a fake.

J
        Yes, I agree, it does resemble a 57 pattern. Don't know why I never picked up on that. I just got a 57 version recently. That would explain the look of silver plating look. These 1914 EKs done in 57 or later are actually not seen alot.

Comment

Here's my 57 version. Compare.
          Attached Files

Comment

The rear.
            Attached Files

Comment

I just checked the 57 pattern I have, it's very similar, the pin is shorter and the hinge is different. The core has an almost identical crown but different date and W.

Steve, you are right, these are very hard to come by.

Peter Wiking would be a good man to check this with on the 57er area of this forum, please post it there.

Jess

Comment

Mines exactly the same as your's Steve, except it has a short pin. The core is identical. I have to say I have a bad feeling about the first one posted.

Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  I just checked the 57 pattern I have, it's very similar, the pin is shorter and the hinge is different. The core has an almost identical crown but different date and W.

Steve, you are right, these are very hard to come by.

Peter Wiking would be a good man to check this with on the 57er area of this forum, please post it there.

Jess
                  Thanks Jess, I just posted it on 57 section.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X