Info needed on Imperial award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info needed on Imperial award

Lippe Kriegs-Ehrenmedaille. Found this hidden away in a large collection of non German militaria I recently acquired.
    Haven't been able to find much info on it [in English].
    I gather that it is some kind of honor cross, issued to those who helped the Imperial war effort.
    I am guessing it is not exactly a rarity, on the other hand I would think that they are less common than a Hindenburg cross.
    Any info appreciated.

Hello Xray,

As you already know, what you have there is a Kriegs-Ehrenmedaille from Lippe. I can tell you that this medal was founded on 25 October 1915. They were awarded to men, women and young women, as I understand it for “civilian” service in the war effort - something like the more commonly seen Prussian War Help Cross. Although a relatively low award, yes, they are definitely rarer, much rarer, than the Hindenburg crosses.

I hope that this information is helpful,

Wild Card

Comment

This award was founded by Prince Leopold IV of Lippe-Detmold and was given to 459 persons for their service dealing with the enemy and to 1249 personens have been given the Kriegs-Ehrenmadaille for their civilian work at home in Germany. It was given from 1915 - Jan 1921.

Gerdan

Comment

If Gerdan's issue numbers are correct, that would make it rare. I think maybe it would even be extremely rare. Good find X-Ray! Ammersee

Comment

Thank you for the info, all appreciated.
          I agree, those issue #'s numbers are surprsingly low, especially for a civil award, and if accurate would suggest a very desirable piece.
          It is very attractive, I must say - As are the large majority of German designs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X