Meybauer Baltenkreuz / Baltic cross for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meybauer Baltenkreuz / Baltic cross for review

Opinions on this one? It has the Meybauer maker mark, am I right? Are these maker's Baltenkreuzen difficult to come across? I think it's a pre 45 issue, but I'd like a confirmation, if possible. Did these crosses have the bigger cross (base for the smaller one) have a black finish? I think in this case it's gone...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like someone has repainted this one in gold. Otherwise it looks okay. These are fairly common awards, certainly not rare.

Comment

Hi Vince. Maybe the camera flash made you think that it has been repainted, but actually, I'd say that the only thing I notice is the lack of the black colour, which has completely gone. All the Baltenkreuzen have a similar goldish colour, if I'm not mistaken...

Comment

You're right, Ricardo, my eyesight must be going. Cross looks textbook to me, with the bonus of being a Maybauer.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Vince. Don't blame your eyesight! Actually, the problem is the flash light, which has focused exactly on the Cross, enlightening it too much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X