Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm afraid that the news will not be good.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Run Forest, Run!!

Appears to be a poor casting. Seams are uneven and unfiled. Uneven surface on reverse. Plate on back is odd. Pin and catch is wrong. Solid piece with moon, crown and 800. Bad sign to be solid and bad sign to have all three marks. I'm no expert on these, but I'm afraid Don is right. The news is not good. Steve
              Last edited by regular122; 09-02-2008, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Actually, Wagner did use this sort of marking (eg on railroad long service badges) but this Pilot's Badge is 100% fake - an obvious casting with poor detail that's almost certainly NOT made from 800 silver.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Details on the front of badge look pretty good, weird how much effort someone has gone to to create this piece, i.e. the pin and hinge detail then to let it down with the casting flaws around the edge and bogus Wagner mark. Maybe it is not all that it seems...... Ferg1.

Comment

Very unusual example, I don't like it either. Does not correspond to any known originals I've seen.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the expert comments,your knowledge is admirable and it solves problems.any other observations before it goes back? respected dealer states aquired from good source aquaintance and the front details do look convincing.thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X