Clear All

black foam

some people wondered where to find the blachk foam aim using
    in my displays,,

and as far as i know good foam is hard to find,,,

this stuff is ideal to cut out or fil in gabs and boxes

http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/ac...ck-extra-s.asp

please pass the word on
    Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:24 AM.

nbvgh
    Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kay bunnecke View Post
      some people wondered where to find the blachk foam aim using
      in my displays,,

and as far as i know good foam is hard to find,,,

this stuff is ideal to cut out or fil in gabs and boxes

http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/ac...ck-extra-s.asp

please pass the word on
      kay, a little caution perhaps, I hope the rest of you don't choose to surround your medals and ribbons with foam and other paper products that "off gas" like this product no doubt does. Museum quality products for display do not off gas. The off gas will destroy your ribbons and deteriorate the metals of your badges and medals. You ever wonder why a badge or medal in its original case that was probably never worn could be so dark and degraded? Its because the products, original period products, the object was awarded in, off gassed. After 50 years completely safe, no more harm, but please don't cheap out people and buy what you think looks good, buy what works for the right reasons.

Comment

ok ,,,joure wright beeing cousius on this.
        but
        2 jears
        until now no madals have gooing black.
        and no ribbon gooing rotten.

58 jears to go ,,whe are safe on this produkt jou say
        so we cant juse ennything off these modern day's unless its made 60 jears agow

but even the paint on joure box fapurises gemicals ,,,

acid in the ear,,,joure living in newjork ??? or enny other modern city

how about joure newley painted war rooms ????

hel ,,,how manny off jou conservators are having war rooms,,,havely painted
        and vaporising fore the next 50 jears????

man i have seen no museum conditions on this forum fore over 4 jears i beeing
        looking here

tel jou what ,,,jou bin to museums ???war museums dont have museum conditions most off the thime ennyway ,,,,they dont have the money fore it

they just dusting there stuff now and then,,,thats it.

did jou know that modern paint fapurises acid fore over 50-75 jears ???...
        jou know how manny people have alergik reactions or cancer becose off the paint we are jusing,,,all over,,,,,,hundreds off milions

most off them not even knowing it

we are living in a painted world,,,,vaporised acid and chemicals all around us,,,

thats only the paint around us

how about the wood ,,,do jou know how manny chemikals jused to make up to standart wood off today ,,,it also vaporises even longer 75 til 100 jears..

stone bild houses no better,,,floors (laminat ).plastis ,glass

and so on and so on,,,,

but aim using it ,,and not advising ennyone else to juse it ...

its at joure owne risk ..

regards kay

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
          kay, a little caution perhaps, I hope the rest of you don't choose to surround your medals and ribbons with foam and other paper products that "off gas" like this product no doubt does. Museum quality products for display do not off gas. The off gas will destroy your ribbons and deteriorate the metals of your badges and medals. You ever wonder why a badge or medal in its original case that was probably never worn could be so dark and degraded? Its because the products, original period products, the object was awarded in, off gassed. After 50 years completely safe, no more harm, but please don't cheap out people and buy what you think looks good, buy what works for the right reasons.
          You ever wonder why a badge or medal in its original case that was probably never worn could be so dark and degraded? Its because the products, original period products, the object was awarded in, off gassed.

explain the ek's mm 26 from the russion hord to me then ?

regards kay

Comment

Comment

You do get defensive for someone who doesn't care what people do... Russian horde items and other original items stored in original boxes and materials don't all have packing elements that off gassed. Most modern materials off gas, that's fact, not your fiction.

...all I'm saying to people here is be careful of the storage display elements you use. The real storage items don't cost a small fortune for no reason.

Nice super polishing job on those EK's, not...
              Last edited by Brian S; 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

joure wright beeing cousius,,,,,sorry to react so hard on jou ,i regret it afterwoods

its correkt ,,,,,beeing awaire off all the modern stuff around,not always in the best interest off our items..

regards kay
                Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 08-25-2008, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X