Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingdom of Saxony - Knight Cross w/Sword - 2cl

Hi Guys,

This just arrived in the mail today and I wanted to show that there are still some good stuff to be found on eBay and at a great price. However, it also helps when the seller doesn't know what the item is and they list it incorrectly.

The order has some enamel damage but for the price I paid I can overlook it.

Also, does anyone have an example of this order that has the fastening/jump ring that the ribbon goes through that you could post? I would like to have fastening ring made for this order and need the correct dimensions.

Best,
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John F.; 08-28-2008, 01:38 PM.

That has to be the deal of the year. Nice pick up.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
      That has to be the deal of the year. Nice pick up.

Hi Don,

Thanks! There is nothing like an "ALBERTUS ANIMOSUS METAL & ENAMEL CROSS PENDANT" for $40.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John F.; 08-28-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John F. View Post
        Hi Don,

Thanks! There is nothing like an "ALBERTUS ANIMOSUS METAL & ENAMEL CROSS PENDANT" for $40.

pseudo-expert

Comment

That's a really good find! I'm on ebay all the time and I never saw that one. You're right, if someone lists one in the wrong section and you find it, you might have a real chance at it.
          Here's one I found on ebay last week...an Austrian Maria Theresa enamel cross. I looked at this thing over and over and just didn't have enough experience to tell whether it was a Gode repro or a real one. I didn't bid on it, and it closed for $33. Looking back, I should have bought it as a nice repro would have been worth that. So tell me, oh Imperial experts, did I let a repro go or did I really screw up and let an authentic piece get away? Ammersee
          Attached Files

Comment

Incredible find. Congrats. It is not mine but here is an example of the type of ring you probably need. You can find other excellent examples on Andreas' site and Dave Danner's site.

It looks like it is a single piece of scored ring to give the appearance of a double ring. Hope this helps. Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
              . It looks like it is a single piece of scored ring to give the appearance of a double ring. Hope this helps. Steve
              Steve, thanks! That is what I was looking for. Now all I need to know is the diameter of the ring that attaches to the ribbon and I will be good to go. If I get no reply I will use the same measurements for an EK2.

Ammersee,

You are right, $33 is a good price for a reproduction. I took a chance and bib on a WWII British Air Medal and got it for $18 (turned out to be a reproduction) but I couldn't buy a repro for that price.

John

Comment

John F., congratulations for the find. If you know what you're buying and if you take you some time, eBay can reveal great stuff at good prices. With the damages it isn't the nicest one around, but the most important thing: it is original, and for that price there's no reason to mock at all. I have no AO3bX handy, but though one thing to add about the ring: those little "double ring" is soldered to the ribbon ring.

Ammersee, that MMTO looks like a cheap "Göde" copy. Even at US $33.- you didn't make a mistake not to buy it. I wouldn't pay more than about five bucks - and even that is to much for this actually worthless crap!

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Hi John,

Great find!
                  I think I have piece of original ribbon left from Saxony

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                    Ammersee, that MMTO looks like a cheap "Göde" copy. Even at US $33.- you didn't make a mistake not to buy it. I wouldn't pay more than about five bucks - and even that is to much for this actually worthless crap!

Well thanks for that saschaw. Normally, I make the wrong choice but it looks like I did good this time. Ammersee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X