No announcement yet.

German Artillery Officer Medals & Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could certainly be an officer's uniform of the field artillery, but not of the Garde artillery. He appears to be at least a major, so I would have to assume that he had multiple postings and would have changed uniforms accordingly.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
      On the officers tunic there appears to be a black string/cord running down along the buttons to our left a bit. Is that just a scratch on the photo or is that a lanyard or something? Ammersee
      Very possibly a string or cord for a monocle.

Comment

Isn't the second ribbon on the top medal bar for Hindenburg Cross? or was it used for both medals?

Comment

The Ehrenkreuz ribbons for the 1870 and 1914-18 Honor crosses were the same pattern.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

The '66 award to a baby. Now we have the youngest awardee ever.

Comment

The old style (that's up to 1915!) ribbon bar and EK I may well belong to one person: pre war officer, let's say Hauptmann or Major who went into the war? It's his pre war bar of course, but they could belong together.

The awards that are represented by the ribbon bar are Red Eagle order IVth class, long service cross for officers 25 years in service and the centenar medal from 1897. Quite common combination, I guess there were thousands around with that combination in big big Prussia...

The medal bar is lovely and may be his father'sm, uncle's or whatsoever. What is the year on the Mecklenburg cross' back?!
              sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X