Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar help please

hi all,

Here is one my new ribbon bar and I am confused. It is Bavarian ribbon bar like I understand (Southern style and Bavaria LS ribbon on the end?)

But why there is the swords on the EK ribbon? Can it be war period some Prussian order (RAO,etc)? Also whats the ribbon after Hindenburg cross can be?

Swords looks different as well then regular ones

Those are really odd swords. I do not think I have ever seen such a set. I think they were added - possibly by the vet. The ribbon after the Hind. is one of the Bavarian jubilee ribbons - red with the green stripes. Is there anything that makes you think there were ever swords on the second ribbon?

Comment

I have never seen a EK w/swords

It is interesting that the HK has no swords

Definitely a odd piece, original but odd

Comment

Thanks guys!

Is there anything that makes you think there were ever swords on the second ribbon?
        No, thats another thing. Then it must be MVK and not MVO.

I have never seen a EK w/swords
        If the swords must be there, then this first award is not EK.... RAO, Crown Order, HHOX - they was awarded with the same ribbon with the swords.... BUT with not this kind a strange ones . Also most of them awarding criteria said that the officer has to own EK before. So, I start thinking that the vet added them himself.

Here is EK2 and Crown order with swords - with EK2 "war ribbon" :

Comment

Most of the groups I have seen with a KO w/ swords had one of the colonial medals with it. There were no EK's at those times so these were used. I also say the first medal is the EK that had sword added.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X