Manfred von Richthofen Pilot Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manfred von Richthofen Pilot Badges

Is there any definitive way of knowing actually how many pilot badges the Rote Baron owned? I assume he had more than just the one...? Cheers, Torsten.

If he was smart, he bought them then sold as many as he could as collectors items. An 1880's old west lawman and gunfighter named Bat Masterson became famous and survived long enough to retire in the early
    1900's. He sold his trademark nickel plated Colt Six-Shooter for a nice price...then promptly ordered another identical one from Colt...which he also sold for a nice price. Each one, of course, was purported to be his "original" Colt. He supposedly did this many times until his death in the 1920's.
    Ammersee

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
      If he was smart, he bought them then sold as many as he could as collectors items. An 1880's old west lawman and gunfighter named Bat Masterson became famous and survived long enough to retire in the early
      1900's. He sold his trademark nickel plated Colt Six-Shooter for a nice price...then promptly ordered another identical one from Colt...which he also sold for a nice price. Each one, of course, was purported to be his "original" Colt. He supposedly did this many times until his death in the 1920's.
      Ammersee
      if he had survived the war then he certainly could have made some money out of that ... but seriously, does anyone know of how many he actually had or how many are known to be in circulation that are supposed to have been his? i am asking because I must have seen at least three for sale in the past couple of years that were supposedly his. And these were for sale by major auction houses in Germany ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X