Help with WW1 paper Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with WW1 paper Lot

I just picked up this lot from a local antique dealer,I mostly handle WW2 items and am not familar with Imperial stuff especially paper so any help would be greatly appreciated.The soldier fought in the Saxon field artillery rgt. no. 48.The Lot contains school papers his citizenship papers when moved to the US in the 20's,his passport,military ID,IC 2nd Cert,fredrich august medal cert.,a bunch of other paper and a ribbonbar and pin.I know nothing about Imperial stuff and woulds like to sell or trade it and idea what it might be worth? Thanks Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Fine group there. The two certificates you shows blow ups of (the FA Medal and the EK II) would match the ribbon bar you show. There would also be a EK I and a long service medal according to the ribbon bar. Those entries in the Soldier's book or the certificates themselves would increase the value of this group. Still, a very nice Sachsen group there. Steve

Comment

Hi There are only 3 awards listed in the ID book,I see no mention of a IC 1st class.Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JAYP View Post
                Hi There are only 3 awards listed in the ID book,I see no mention of a IC 1st class.Jay
                And that's allright as the Iron Cross device would not indicate the EK I, it's just the EK II. Plus, the green-white ribbon isn't a long service award but Saxon's Honour Cross with swords.
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Yeah-

Nice NCOs group. It's unusual for the Honor (Meit) cross to go to a lowly Corpral.
                  He also was in the thick of things in the Fall of 1917 as he got both medals within 60 days of each other.
                  The Saxons put the EK2 on their ribbon bars.
                  It was a Saxon fashion device.

Please let me know if it's for sale.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those fashionable Saxons. Learn something all the time on the forum. I considered the honor cross but the corporal rank threw me as unlikely. Still a great group. Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X