Bavarian War Merit Cross First Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian War Merit Cross First Class

I'm doing research on the Bavarian War Merit Cross First Class. There are a couple of pictures of this medal posted in this forum, but only a couple. Could someone post some additional pics? Also, could someone post a picture of an altered or fake piece?

Thanks

Carl C

Here's a nice one on eMedals. Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

I think what regular122 showed there was rather an altered than a good piece. Those are almost rare as hen's teath and unfortunally I have none nor ever had...

Steve, could you please give me eMedal's item number? With more pictures I might say something more precise on it - though I've go to admit I'm not an expert for those.
      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

This link may help.

http://home.att.net/~david.danner/militaria/bavaria.htm
        Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
          I think what regular122 showed there was rather an altered than a good piece. Those are almost rare as hen's teath and unfortunally I have none nor ever had...

Steve, could you please give me eMedal's item number? With more pictures I might say something more precise on it - though I've go to admit I'm not an expert for those.
          Here it is:

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GST624

I'm no expert either but this does not look like any 2nd Class I've seen. Barry Turk's reputation is as solid as they come as well. Steve

Comment

As said, I'm far from being an expert, but: only two out of five(?) makers who made officially WWI Bavarian MMCs made the 1st classes - in the beginning with multi piece real gold medaillons, later with silver gilt ones. I do not think this is one of those but cannot say who's the maker. Latter is often the shortest way to sort out the upgradet ones: if you find a "1st" class made by e.g. Deschler you can be sure it's crap - as Deschler did not make those.

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X