Price of an 1870 ekII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of an 1870 ekII

Im startin to put money back for an 1870 EK II what is the average price for one? the only ones I have seen have been cased or with the 25 year oak leaf. Post here, pm or email. Thanks in advance.

You would probably get a faster answer in..... Imperial!
    George

Comment

$350-550, depending on condition and whether it has the 25 year oakleaves.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Hmm.. Just curious, how high could the price go for a "regular" 1870 ek2, without the 1914 clasp and the oaks? Just trying to value my collection..
        Antti

Comment

A nice 1870 EK2...

.. loose, no case, no oakleaves.. About $250-$300, give or take, depending on condition and who the seller is. Detlev usually prices these right around $300 or so, with no O/L's. Other dealers tend to creep higher, but it frankly comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay, at any given moment...

Comment

Thanks, Rick or Stogieman. Btw, witch do you prefer?
            Antti

Comment

I'm with Rick on this one. I wouldn't pay over $300 to $325 for a nice one. Remember, too, that there are varying degrees of quality (detail and height of the core details) which may add or subtract to the price. Also, there ARE late issue or replacement 1870 EK's out there. Many were made around 1895-6 to go with the the 25th anniversary oakleaf pins which could be added. There are also maker marked ones, (i.e. KO on the ring). These are probably post 1895 to 1918 replacements. The 1870 KO's I've seen, though, were of excellent quality.

Comment

thanks for the replys now all i Have to do is find one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X