Clear All

More...
    Attached Files

Comment

And more.
      Attached Files

Comment

hello all,

I am wondering if Dave Danner website about german imperial awards is no longer available? I cant find it.

Cordial greetings,

Humberto

Comment

Woods Book on Medal Makers

QUOTE: Jesse L

Thanks for your note. The Woods book may be out of print. However, strangely, your note may have brought good luck to both of us. Woods is a Brit and has his own website, www.mwmilitaria.co.uk. I just went to it, and apparently he has added a new volume 2, with more information, and is offering a special price on Vols. 1 and 2!. (I will order vol 2 for myself. In this business I think the more you know the better! - if you can afford it.)

Some info that came my way.

Mark Woods advises "I had marked the book as out of stock but have checked and found the last copy" -- book "German Medal Makers and their Marks".

Anyone interested can contact www.mwmilitaria.co.uk

Kind Regards, Ian

Comment

Great War Dawning and other Verlag-Militaria books

To show that there is a silver lining – our publisher Verlag-Militaria just changed their website and added a USA side of the site. What that means to us mere mortals is that you can now order the book from that website in the USA with USA prices, USA money, USA postage. As a result Great War Dawning is only $70 plus postage in the USA. Weighing in at 4 ½ pounds with 80 perfect picture pages [many in color], four foldout maps and 550 pages this is an absolutely handsome work. I don’t make money on this – the publisher does – but this is one hell of a good deal for USA customers. There is a button on the upper right-hand corner of the website:
            http://www.militaria.at/Default.aspx
            click that and USA customers are taken to a different area from the international site. Not only is Great War Dawning available but it looks like his other books too. As beautiful as this product is you might want to consider it for a Father’s Day present. Seriously nice but I am biased.

Comment

Joe - I agree, Militaria.at is great publisher. Very broad offer of excellent quality books about Imperial German Militaria. I have the German Army In The First World War, the best book I bought.

If anyone is interested in WWI pictures/documents, may also want to check www.imperialgermanmilitaria.com - still growing .

Regards,

Marcin

Comment

Hi All,

Recently I bought tghe book "The German Infantry from 1871 to 1914" by Ulrich Herr/Jens Nguyen (2008) and the amount of information, details and pictures is huge. The Quality of the pictures are also really good. In total, almost 6 Kilos of great books.

Obviously, it is a book that shows a general view of the Uniforms and Equipment, so it shows not many pictures of the same item, something logical because they would need not a 6 Kilogram 2 Volumen books, but 20 Kilos... Still, it is a great "Bible" to have.

Best Regards

Comment

Dear Joe,

I hope this email finds you and your wife doing well. I also trust that you have had success with your most recent book, "The Last Great Cavalry Charge". It looks like a wonderful book!

As you know, my small book company, Imperial & Royal Books, is the official USA seller of all Verlag Militaria Books. We are happy to report on our new publications for 2016 now available in our USA warehouse and ready for shipment via USPS media mail, which certainly keeps the price very low. Soon the new titles will be added to the Verlag Militaria USA website (www.militaria.at) for secure, direct credit card ordering and shipped from my USA warehouse of Imperial & Royal Books. We are also selling the whole range of books (including the two new 2016 titles) via Amazon (Seller: Imperial & Royal Books) and also direct to anyone that wishes to pay by check mailed to Imperial & Royal Books.

Our two new titles for 2016 are the Belgian Army in the Great War ($140) and A History of the Austrian Army in Pictures ($70). Both new publications done to the typical high level of excellence that has become a trademark of Verlag Militaria.

Please see attached our new flyer as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post this flyer to your website and to any forums that you are affiliated with.

Moreover, I can offer customers that wish to order directly from Imperial & Royal Books a 5% discount on all Verlag Militaria titles in stock at our USA warehouse. To make arrangements for the discount and ordering/payment details please email us at verlag.militaria.books@gmail.com. I would also appreciate it if you could post this information as well.

As always, my best to you and thank you for all your previous efforts as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
                  Jim T
                  Verlag Militaria USA 2016 New Books by Joe Robinson, on Flickr

Comment

I couldn't agree more than what has already been said. Verlag publishes the most out standing reference/history books on the market today. I want to add their service is first rate and they stand by their product. Several years ago I bought their two volume set on the German Infantry, 1871-1914. While doing some research a few months ago I noticed a large number of misprinted and missing pages in volume 2. I contacted Stefan and he immediately replaced the "bad" volume. Their books and service is much appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Does anyone know the price of this book and where copies can be obtained?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interestingly, a couple of those photos were borrowed from this web site and the GMIC. I note that one of them was of a Turkish officer I bought at Lowell for $5 back in @2001 and gave to Rick Lundstrom, who in turn used it for his ribbon bar article. About a year later somebody in Turkey contacted Rick and said the photo was of his wifes' beloved Uncle and Rick sent it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                          Interestingly, a couple of those photos were borrowed from this web site and the GMIC. I note that one of them was of a Turkish officer I bought at Lowell for $5 back in @2001 and gave to Rick Lundstrom, who in turn used it for his ribbon bar article. About a year later somebody in Turkey contacted Rick and said the photo was of his wifes' beloved Uncle and Rick sent it to him.
                          Hi, are you mentioning photos from the above mentioned Russian language TWM book?

Comment

Originally posted by demir View Post
                            A book for:

The Turkish War Medal - Eiserner Halbmond - Harp Madalyasi (In Turkish and English)

http://turkishwarmedal.wordpress.com...m-demir-erman/

Book review : http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/53...a-book-review/
                            The Turkish War Medal

https://demirerman.wixsite.com/turkish-war-medal

http://theturkishwarmedal.blogspot.q...-madalyas.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/harpmadalyasi/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/osmanlimadalyalari/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X