MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wehrwolf ! Another item - New questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrwolf ! Another item - New questions!

I got this part of a German bayonet with a Wehrwolf marking (bones, the skull and under the skull the W!

The seller (a collector of bayonets) told me, it is a private purchased item.

I think it is real item, but why the marking?

Maybe a Wehrwolf Ortsgruppe bought and marked these items for members? Or a gift for a member? I think Wehrwolf collectors have to find answers for a lot of questions

Someone, who knows similar items of other organisations like Der Stahlhelm etc.?
    Last edited by Sergeant 08; 06-02-2008, 01:58 PM.

Never seen that before.

Could be a property stamp if the bayonet was issued to a man for an event and then returned to stores.

I've never seen a Wehrwolf man carrying any form of weapons, though.

Comment

I think it is hard to find find a photo, that shows a Wehrwolf with a weapon.

Some reasons: Not a lot of photos still exist today. The other reason is, I think it was not official allowed to wear war weapons like bayonets (but maybe it was possible to wear bayonets for events!?).

I saw some event photos, but not a clear photo that shows a Wehrwolf with a bayonet.

Here is a photo from the reprint of the Wehrwolf book. A weapon ! An axe

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 06-02-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Not allowed....but the Wehrwolf owned weapons (like a lot of political organsations in the Weimar era after ww1). In the Wehrwolf book, you can read some stories about some military training events (shooting etc.).

Comment

The Wehrwolf shooting award, that I posted in another thread, too:
          Last edited by Sergeant 08; 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X